Saturday, September 17, 2011

Farewell to my little bitty itty bitty baby!

During my pregnancy, my OB told us to stock up on preemie clothes because baby was so small.  The first time I held up an outfit, I was amazed.  It looked soooo tiny! My baby is going to fit in this?!  I couldn't fathom something so small.  For those of you that don't know, we chose not to find out the sex of the baby.  Finding unisex preemie clothes=impossible.  We waited until after Tyler was born and thank goodness for friends and family who showered him with tiny outfits.  He was 4lbs 13 ounces at birth and yesterday, he weighed in at a whopping 11lbs 7 ounces!!! The weekend before last we boxed up his newborn clothes which he finally outgrew at 5 months :) It is funny that the same scenario occurs daily almost word for word
Stranger: Awww, what a cute baby. How old is he?
Me: {Insert age at the time}
Stranger: Oh my gosh, he is so tiny!
Me: Yeah, he is a little guy.
Stranger: How much did he weigh when he was born?
Me: 4.13
Exchange smiles, walk away.
This is funny to me because they hear his age and think he is little, but to me he is soooo big compared to this little lemonheaded boy we cuddled in the NICU:






In an earlier post, I mentioned I had asked my mother in-law to make a blanket with some of our favorite preemie outfits.  Mammaw Coffey is the craftiest woman I have ever met and this is what she did with those little bitty itty bitty baby clothes:











Tyler loves it, and so do I!!  Thanks Mammaw :)

3 comments:

  1. Wonderful weight gain Tyler!! Love the pictures. He is adorable. The blanket is super cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! Wow Tyler is getting so big. I love to read all his updates and I love the blanket, what a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tyler IS getting so big~ 11 lbs and not even 6 months? It took Kaylee over a year to hit that milestone~ such great news!! As for the blanket~ it is beautiful and an incredibly special way to celebrate those earliest days. Love it!

    ReplyDelete