Friday, November 30, 2012

The Great Television Turnoff

Imagine my surprise when Peyton informs me he wants an iPhone for Christmas. Me too, kid. He's 7. What the heck does he need an iPhone for? The crazy part is, it's not an outrageous request. I'm sure there are plenty of kids out there with them.  It's a sign of the times. iPhones, ipods, iPads, cell phones, DVDs, and dvr's. It got me thinking how much technology is intertwined in our daily lives.  I'm sure all of us have seen or been that family out eating at a table where everyone has their cell phones out.   When did life become so impersonal.  Brian and I spend our "quality" time each night on the couch watching our favorite shows.  What if we turned the tv off? Christmas is a time for family and memories.  That is why I came up with the idea that the 25 days of Christmas should also be 25 days tv free.  A social experiment of sorts.  Surprisingly, Brian agreed and thought it was a good idea. So, starting tomorrow, December 1st, our tv will be turned off. Wish us luck!





No comments:

Post a Comment